1 ½ cups granola
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup desiccated coconut
⅓ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
2 tsp ground cinnamon
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
2 Tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsp boiling water
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Stir granola into flour, sugar, coconut, macadamias and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Dissolve soda in boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Add to butter mixture in pan. Stir until frothy. Remove pan from heat.
- Add warm butter mixture to granola mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Roll ¼ cups of mixture into balls. Place 6cm apart on trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway, for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool