1.2 kg piece rib eye/scotch fillet
¾ cup drained roasted capsicum strips
80 g Greek feta, cut into 2cm-wide sticks
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried mint
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
500 g punnet truss cherry tomatoes
½ cup red wine
½ cup water
1 cup beef stock
- Cut one side of beef (not cutting all the way through) to open out flat. Arrange capsicum, feta and asparagus down the centre. Roll up and tie at 3cm intervals with kitchen string.
- Combine herbs, garlic and rind in a bowl. Season. Rub over beef.
- Heat oil in a large, flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Add beef and cook, turning, for 8 minutes until browned all over.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 45 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Add tomatoes in last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from oven. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- To make sauce, place roasting pan with cooking juices over a high heat. Add wine, water and stock. Boil for 5 minutes. Season and strain.
- Serve with sauce and tomatoes.