1 kg skinless chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed
1 tbsp Greek seasoning
Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 x 10 g chicken stock cubes, crumbled
1½ litres (6 cups) water
½ cup risoni
Thinly sliced green spring onions, to garnish
- Toss chicken with half the seasoning in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pot.
- Add onion, garlic and remaining seasoning to same stockpot. Cook, stirring, for about 6 minutes, or until golden. Return chicken with stock cubes and water. Boil gently, covered, for 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender, skimming if necessary. Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Cool slightly. Shred meat and discard bones.
- Add risoni to stockpot. Boil gently for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chicken. Cook, stirring, until hot.
- Garnish soup with thinly sliced green spring onions.