16 sheets filo pastry
100 g butter, melted
2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
Tzatziki, lemon wedges and Greek salad, to serve
1 bunch silverbeet (1.2 kg), stems discarded, leaves washed, shredded
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250 g fresh ricotta
200 g Greek feta, crumbled
½ cup finely grated parmesan
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make filling, heat a deep, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add silverbeet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer to a sieve. Press to remove as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add to silverbeet. Cool.
- Stir in ricotta, feta, parmesan, egg and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place one sheet of filo on a clean bench. Brush with a little butter. Repeat layering with another 3 sheets of filo, brushing in between with butter. Spoon 1 cup of filling evenly down the length of one long edge of pastry. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut evenly into four rolls.
- Repeat process with remaining pastry, butter and filling to make another 12 rolls. Brush tops with a little butter. Sprinkle with parmesan. Place on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp.
- Serve warm rolls with tzatziki, lemon wedges and Greek salad.