2 x 400 g beef flank steaks
600 g piece kent pumpkin
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion
1 red capsicum
60 g wild rocket, trimmed
Balsamic dressing, to serve
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, leaves only
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a small jug.
- Place beef in a shallow dish. Pour over marinade. Turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for four hours, or overnight. Drain beef.
- Peel and deseed pumpkin. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Toss pumpkin in half the oil in a large bowl. Season. Cut onion into 1cm-thick rounds and capsicum into 1cm-thick strips. Toss in remaining oil in another bowl.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill plate over a high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Reduce heat to medium. Cover beef loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add pumpkin to grill plate. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until charred and tender. Remove.
- Add capsicum and onion to grill plate. Cook, turning frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until charred and tender. Remove.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain. Arrange rocket on a large serving plate. Top with vegetables. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.