4 x 150 g lamb rump steaks, excess fat removed
4 Roma tomatoes, halved
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Greek rice salad
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 onion, finely chopped
150 g fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
100 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
- Toss lamb and tomatoes with cumin and half the oil. Season.
- To make salad, cook rice in a large pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, until soft. Stir in spinach until wilted. Add to rice with cucumber, feta, rind, juice and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Heat same cleaned frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Cook tomatoes in same pan, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes until browned.
- Serve lamb and tomatoes with rice mixture and lemon wedges.