4 x 250 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 ¼ cups grated mozzarella
balsamic glaze, to serve
mixed salad leaves, to serve
crusty bread, to serve
4 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cut each fillet horizontally through the side to give two pieces. Place in a large bowl with garlic, paprika, oregano and half the oil. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large, chargrill plate over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked. Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle cheese down centre of chicken.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, make topping, mix tomatoes, onion and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Stir in half the basil.
- Remove tray from oven. Spoon topping over chicken. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Serve with salad leaves and bread.