2 cups brown rice
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, halved, bruised
1 kg raw king prawns, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
1 cup moist flaked coconut, lighty toasted
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Add rice to a large saucepan of boiling water with leaves and lemongrass. Boil, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Spread onto a tray. Discard leaves and lemongrass. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Mix well.
- Toss prawns in 1 tblsp of the dressing in a large bowl. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate over a high heat. Add prawns. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl with coriander, coconut and remaining dressing. Toss well. Place in a serving bowl. Top with prawns.