1 ½ cups walnuts
2 small witlof
200 g wild rocket leaves, washed
6 fresh figs, quartered
1 kg reduced-salt ham leg slices
Blood orange sauce
270 g breakfast marmalade
1 cup fresh- squeezed orange juice
⅔ cup Scotch whisky
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make blood orange sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Whisk over a medium heat until marmalade is melted. Bring to boil. Gently boil, whisking occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle walnuts over an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 6 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool.
- Remove and discard any tough outside leaves. Cut off the base and separate leaves. Trim witlof and separate leaves. Wash then drain well on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Just before serving, arrange witlof, rocket, figs and ham on two large serving plates. Sprinkle with walnuts. Drizzle with blood orange sauce.