1 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup milk
2 free-range eggs
70 g sliced leg ham, coarsely chopped
125 g canned corn kernels, drained
½ cup tasty cheese
2 green spring onions, finely chopped
25 g unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup spreadable cream cheese
¼ cup tomato relish
- The night before, sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add to flour. Whisk until smooth. Stir in ham, corn, cheese, onions and butter until well combined.
- Grease a large, non-stick frying pan with extra butter over a medium to low heat. Spoon a tablespoon of batter into pan. Repeat to make eight pikelets.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden on both sides. Remove. Cool to room temperature. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan in between batches.
- Spread cream cheese over half the cooled pikelets. Top with relish, then remaining pikelets. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in a snap-lock bag or airtight container. Seal. Refrigerate.
- The next morning, pack pikelets into lunch boxes