115 g hazelnuts
50 g plain flour
210 g caster sugar
½ tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread hazelnuts over an oven tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer hazelnuts to a clean, dry tea towel and gently rub to remove skins. Increase oven temperature to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Put nuts in the small bowl of a food processor and grind to a medium-fine crumb. Combine with flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Put eggwhites and cream of tartar in a large bowl and beat, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Gently fold into nut mixture with vanilla extract.
- Arrange teaspoons of mixture on prepared tray, 6cm apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.