Government authorities have issued an urgent health warning after 11 cases of Salmonella poisoning were linked a chain of Vietnamese bakeries.
Officials at South Australia Health have been forced to issue the alert after 11 people were struck down with Salmonella, with nine requiring hospitalisation.
It’s believed the cluster of Salmonella cases were linked to three Angkor Bakery stores in Adelaide's northern suburbs, with all victims reportedly eating Vietnamese rolls from the eateries.
The poisonings have allegedly been linked to the stores at Springbank Plaza in Burton, Hollywood Plaza in Salisbury Downs and Blakes Crossing Shopping Centre in Blakeview.
Symptoms can take between six and 72 hours to develop in those who may have come into contact with the contaiminated food, and can last between three and seven days.
Symptoms can include fever, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, headache, stomach, cramps, nausea and vomiting.
However these symptoms can be a lot worse in young children, pregnant women, older people and those who are immunocompromised.
Anyone who has concerns about contamination should seek medical advise urgently.