2 trimmed pieces beef eye fillet (800 g)
3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
1 packet mixed salad leaves to garnish
2 tubs creme fraiche (200 ml)
¼ cup horseradish cream
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place a large non-stick roasting pan in a hot oven (200C) to heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tie unwaxed kitchen string firmly down the length of both pieces of beef at 3cm intervals to secure beef into a roll shape. Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to hot pan. Return pan to same hot oven. Cook for 30 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer beef to a large plate. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 30 minutes to allow steam to escape. Cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until cold.
- Meanwhile, to make horseradish cream, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove string from cold beef. Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl. Spread evenly over beef.
- Combine herbs on a large tray. Roll beef in herbs to coat evenly. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with salad leaves. Serve with horseradish cream.