1 Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
½ cup firmly packed grated carrot
500 g sausage mince
250 g beef mince
½ cup panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp korma curry paste
2 Tbsp tomato sauce plus extra to serve
1 tsp sea-salt flakes
½ tsp finely ground black pepper
4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed, halved lengthways
Extra 2 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp sesame seeds
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Using a wooden spoon, combine minces in a large bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs, curry paste, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and onion and carrot mixture until combined.
- Put pastry on a clean surface and scatter over extra breadcrumbs. Put ½ cup mince mixture in a large zip-lock bag and snip 1 corner. Pipe mince mixture down 1 long edge of 1 pastry rectangle.
- Brush opposite long edge with egg. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining mince mixture, pastry and egg, reserving a little egg. Put sausage rolls on prepared trays and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush sausage rolls with reserved egg, then scatter over sesame seeds. Cut each roll in half.
- Bake sausage rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes. Serve with extra sauce on the side.