3 bunches Dutch carrots
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
lemon wedges, to serve
¼ cup whole hazelnuts
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tsp sea salt flakes
- To make gremolata, place hazelnuts on an oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove. Cool slightly. Gently rub hazelnuts to remove skins. Discard. Coarsely chop nuts. Combine with remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Trim tops from carrots. Peel. If carrots are large, cut in half lengthways. Place in an oiled, large roasting pan.
- Combine oil, honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over carrots. Toss well to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle gremolata over carrots. Serve with lemon wedges.