What you need:
- 3 x 50 g eggs
- 3 slices toasted wholegrain bread, cut into fingers
- 750 ml (3 cups) tropical fruit juice (or your favourite flavour)
- Bring eggs to room temperature (for 10-15 minutes) before using. They may crack
if they’re too cold.
Eggs at room temperature
- Put eggs in a small saucepan (so they won’t roll around and crack). Add cold water to just cover. Remove eggs from
pan and set aside.
Use a small saucepan
- Bring water to a simmer over a medium-high heat. Using a large slotted spoon, lower eggs, one at a time, into pan. Return water to a simmer and cook
for 4 minutes for a soft yolk,
5 minutes for a medium yolk,
or 6 minutes for hard-boiled.
Remove eggs immediately
- Remove eggs from water immediately so they don’t cook any further, and put in eggcups.
- Serve eggs with toast fingers and a glass of juice.