What you will need:
- 1 tube tinted white frosting (or icing, see Linked recipes below)
- Using a spatula, spread a little of 1 quantity of tinted frosting or icing over top of cupcakes. Put remaining frosting in piping bag fitted with 3mm small plain nozzle. Put nozzle at cupcake edge and hold bag in an upright position. Squeeze, holding piping bag still, until a full, round dot is formed.
- Repeat piping until cupcake edge is decorated.
- Repeat piping dots in rings in a single layer to cover entire cupcake surface.
- Starting 1 row in from edge, pipe a second layer.
- Starting 2 rows in from edge, pipe a third layer of dots. Finish with a single dot in centre.