- 24-hole muffin tin
- Drill (optional, just for the grown-ups)
- 6 x A4 sheets in various colours
- 24 small gifts – they need to be small enough to fit in the holes (we used mini pralines and sweets, such as individually wrapped fudge and Turkish delights)
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Ribbon, for hanging (optional)
- If you want to string your Advent calendar from a wall, drill a hole in one end of the tin.
- Cut the card into 24 circles, big enough to just cover the holes of the muffin tin. Use pens, paint or cut-out coloured paper to decorate the circles with the numbers 1-24. Use a little tape or a glue dot to secure a gift in each hole – wrap the gifts in foil or tissue paper if not already covered. Use a little more sticky tape to secure the numbers over the holes, in a random order. If hanging from a wall, tie a ribbon through the drilled hole in the top of the tin.