What you will need:
- 100 g dark chocolate melts, melted
- 1 icing piping bag, or homemade baking paper piping bag
- 12 cupcakes (see Linked recipes below)
- Using a marker pen, draw
two 5 x 7cm butterflies, on a sheet of baking paper. Turn paper over. Spoon melted chocolate into a homemade baking paper piping bag. Snip tip of bag, then pipe chocolate onto baking paper, tracing pattern outline.
Pipe on the chocolate after drawing your butterflies
- Carefully fill in wing details.
Release your inner artist!
- Lay baking paper, chocolate-side up, over an open book so centre of butterflies fall into book’s spine. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Repeat Steps 1-3 to make 12 butterflies.
These butterflies come to life on top of cupcakes. Check out our Triple chocolate cupcakes in linked recipes for a tasty treat. Use purple food colouring to really make your icing pop!