¾ cup self-raising flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup finely chopped pecans
440 g can crushed pineapple in juice, well-drained
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup mashed banana
⅓ cup vegetable oil
finely chopped pecans, to decorate
100 g cream cheese, at room temperature
25 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups icing sugar mixture
2 tsp lemon juice
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour, soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut and pecans.
- Combine pineapple, eggs, banana and oil in a large jug. Whisk well. Stir into flour mixture until combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat cheese and butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until combined. Beat in juice.
- Spread frosting over top of slice. Sprinkle with extra pecans.