380 g packet chocolate unfilled sponge cakes
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp Bailey's Irish cream liqueur
2 cups dark chocolate melts
Extra 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Mini cupcake cases and cellophane bags
- Break sponge into pieces and place in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add coconut, condensed milk and liqueur. Mix until combined. Using damp hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat.
- One at a time, dip balls into chocolate, allowing excess to drip away. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle tops with extra coconut. Refrigerate until set.
- To give as a gift, place truffles in cases before placing in cellophane bags.