10 skinless chicken thigh fillets
¼ cup plain flour
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
1 stick celery, finely diced
1 red onion, diced
1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into large chunks
140 g tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
400 g can Italian cherry tomatoes
400 g can cannellini beans, drained
½ cup whole mixed olives
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley plus extra to serve
2 cups risoni cooked and tossed with herbs to serve
- STEP 1 Put chicken and flour in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat chicken, then shake off any excess flour.
- STEP 2 Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add ½ of the chicken and cook for 4 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and repeat with another 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and remaining chicken.
- STEP 3 Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add carrot, celery, onion and capsicum and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomato paste and stir until vegetables are coated.
- STEP 4 Add wine, chicken stock and cherry tomato.
- STEP 5 Return chicken to pan and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 hours. Remove lid and add beans, olives and lemon zest and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- STEP 6 Remove lid and stir through parsley. Serve with risoni and garnish with extra flat-leaf parsley .