Proudly supported by
Jam drops are a great lunch box filler. Bake these cookies on the weekend and serve them for afternoon tea and lunch box snacks for the kids (and you) all week.
125 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 egg, at room temperature
¾ cup self-raising flour
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup strawberry jam
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sifted flour. Stir until combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Arrange 4cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Make a small indentation with your finger in the centre of each cookie. Spoon about ½ teaspoon jam into each.
- Cook both trays at the same time, in a moderate oven (180C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove.
- Cool cookies on trays.