6 mini cinnamon donuts
1 cup plain flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
⅔ cup caster sugar
½ cup buttermilk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ tsp red food colouring
1 tsp white vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp raspberry jam
125 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
50 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
- Line a 6-hole Texan muffin pan (3- to 4-cup capacity) with large paper muffin wraps.
- Place doughnuts in wraps. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda in a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well.
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, eggs, colouring and vinegar together in a large jug. Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour well until smooth. Divide evenly over doughnuts.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make icing, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until combined. Gradually beat in sugar until combined.
- Spoon icing onto muffins. Top each with 1 tsp jam, swirling through using a skewer.