The AFL has been rocked by a shocking food poisoning crisis which has seen 30 people become violently ill - with some even passing out and being rushed to hospital.
The outbreak occurred at the historic Anzac Day clash between Essendon and Collingwood at the MCG, during a $725-a-head lunch for high-flying guests.
It’s been revealed that the guests started ‘dropping like flies’ within 30 minutes of eating the chicken and rabbit terrine, which was served as an entree at around 12.30pm.
Video shared on social media from the event shows paramedics at the scene, where it was reported that those affected had become violently ill and were even passing out in the stands. Several were even taken to hospital, with one guest describing the scenes as ‘chaos’.
Controversial AFL commentator Eddie McGuire was at the lunch, saying that 14 people fainted before the game even started.
'As we stood outside for the minute's silence, people were fair dinkum hitting the deck left, right and centre around me. I hear collapses against the door and the windows,' he said during his Triple M radio show.
Paramedics can be seen tending to victims at the AFL lunch.
'I didn't see anyone throwing up but 14 people hit the deck before the opening bounce.'
Only diners at the MCG's Olympic Room are understood to be affected by the food poisoning outbreak, and authorities are now investigating.
The health department said it was 'working with the MCC and the City of Melbourne to investigate and ensure the function rooms are thoroughly cleaned and safe for future events'.
Chaos here at the President's Lunch. 5 people have fainted and that was BEFORE Kevin started talking 😂
Amy SinclairAmy Sinclair is a former editor who loves all things food, cooking and eating - especially the eating! When she's not looking after her three children, you'll find her in the kitchen or busily hiding online shopping purchases from her husband.