Cooking oil spray, to grease
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
400 g pork mince
400 g beef mince
1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup oregano leaves, roughly chopped
250 g haloumi, finely diced
100 g pistachios
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 x 22cm loaf tin with cooking oil spray. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and chilli, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Put cooled onion mixture, minces, eggs and breadcrumbs in the large bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in oregano, haloumi and ½ of the pistachios.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and flatten with the back of a spoon. Cover tin completely with baking paper, followed by foil, then bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Remove paper and foil from tin and put meatloaf on an oven tray. Put remaining pistachios on top, then pour over pomegranate molasses. Grill for 5 minutes or until top is glazed, keeping a close eye so pistachios do not burn.
- Remove from grill and rest briefly before slicing. Serve hot or cold.