250 g packet plain sweet biscuits
150 g unsalted butter, melted
whipped cream, to serve
thinly shredded fresh lime rind
200 g fresh ricotta
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs, separated
2 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
⅓ cup lime juice
- Lightly grease a 26cm round x 3cm deep loose-base flan tin (base measures 24cm).
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up side of prepared tin. Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, process ricotta, condensed milk, egg yolks, rind and juice in same, clean food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Gently fold into ricotta mixture, in two batches, until just combined. Pour filling over biscuit base. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until filling is just set. Remove. Cool. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream. Decorate with lime rind.