1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
2 green spring onions
1 bunch baby bok choy
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ cups kimchi, chopped
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
toasted sesame seeds to serve
chilli flakes, to serve
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Spread rice evenly over a large tray. Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Thinly slice spring onions, separating white bases from green tops. Trim bok choy. Separate leaves. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Thinly shred.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add kimchi and white onion bases. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until just tender. Add rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until hot. Add bok choy, sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for a further 1 minute. Stir through green onion tops.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Fry eggs for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve rice topped with eggs. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and chilli flakes.