1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ red onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp caster sugar
½ small red capsicum, finely diced
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
8 green king prawns, peeled, tails removed, deveined
1 ball pizza dough
⅓ cup tomato sauce
60 g mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
½ long green chilli, thinly sliced (optional), to garnish
- To make capsicum salsa, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high, then add red wine vinegar and caster sugar. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and liquid is thick and syrupy. Remove pan from heat and stir in red capsicum. Season with sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside in pan to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 240°C. Make a cut through the length of each prawn starting from head end, but not cutting through the tail end, so prawns are butterflied but still joined at 1 end.
- Roll out dough following How To Roll Out Dough on page 31.
- Spread sauce over dough round, leaving a 1cm border. Top with ½ of the mozzarella. Arrange prawns and cherry tomato on top, followed by remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza dough edge is golden and crisp.
- Stir parsley into cooled salsa. Spoon a little of the salsa over pizza, season with pepper and scatter with sliced green chilli, if using. Serve with remaining salsa on the side.