"Thought I should write this here as a warning to other animal lovers and In particular dog owners," she shared on Facebook.
"Last night our little Pomeranian had to have emergency surgery to remove part of this toy from his bowel as he had managed to chew off the end and swallow it."
"Now.. I know all toys at some level will get broken etc but I genuinely didn’t think a chewability level 4 toy wouldn’t be able to be eaten by a tiny Pom and now I’m sat here thinking about all the other dogs big or small that may have this at home and could potentially need surgery too."
"Our little Pomeranian is a puppy still and like most dogs will give anything a go but I thought I’d be safe buying him this.
"Please no hate or comments about being a “bad pet owner” etc, I’m not here for that. Simply writing a quick warning about this toy."
"My recommendation would be to chuck it away," she added.
"Our Pom is 10 months Old with brand new tiny teeth 🦷 so wrote this with the intention of saving same size or bigger dogs with stronger jaws having the same fate."
So far her post has received over 3K comments, and 1.8K shares on social media.
"Awww poor darling. Thanks for the warning. I certainly won’t be buying that toy," wrote one commenter.
"Wow my doberman puppy has this at home. Going straight in the bin," added another.
It's not the first time a popular dog toy has caused serious issues, earlier this year a vet issued warnings over another dog toy that was linked to two emergency cases in one week.