2.5 kg chuck beef steaks, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
1 bunch green spring onions (200 g)
2 x 100 g sachets Korean BBQ Marinade
⅓ cup mirin
¼ cup light soy sauce
2 tbsp ginger paste
Steamed rice, to serve (optional)
Sesame seeds, toasted, to serve (optional)
- Toss beef in 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in four batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned all over. Transfer to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker.
- Trim onions. Thinly slice white part only, reserving green tops. Combine marinade, mirin, sauce and paste with ¼ cup water in a small bowl. Add to slow cooker with onions. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Cook on a Low heat for about 6 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Thinly slice reserved green tops of onions. Garnish beef with onions and seeds. Serve with rice.