500 g beef rump steak
300 g bag creamy kale coleslaw kit
½ Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
⅓ cup kewpie mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
2 Tbsp lime juice
8 flat-bottom taco shells
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into very thin slices.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the beef. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine slaw, cucumber, half the onions and half the sesame seeds in a bowl. Add combined mayonnaise and juice. Toss to combine.
- Place tortilla boats on oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, drain beef. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat an oiled, large wok over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Divide slaw evenly among boats. Top with beef. Garnish with remaining onions and seeds. Serve with extra mayonnaise.