100 g vermicelli noodles, soaked and drained
185 g malaysian laksa paste
400 ml coconut milk
1 l prepared vegetable or chicken stock
2 x 95 g cans Sirena canned tuna in springwater with lemon, undrained
150 g snow peas, trimmed, julienned
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 small Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
100 g bean shoots, rinsed, trimmed
¾ cup fresh herbs (such as coriander and mint)
- Divide the drained noodles between 4 bowls. Set aside.
- Spoon the laksa paste into a deep sided, non-stick wok or frypan. Place over a medium heat. Heat, stirring for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and stock, stir until combined. Increase heat and stir occasionally until mixture simmers.
- Flake the tuna with a fork and stir it and juices from the can into the soup, along with the carrot and snow peas. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup over the noodles. Top each serve with cucumber, bean sprouts and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.