6 rindless shortcut bacon rashers
½ cup tomato relish (125 ml)
6 bap rolls split horizontally
6 sliced pickled beetroot
750 g lamb mince
1 red onion grated
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp grain mustard (20 ml)
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
½ cup chopped fresh parsley (¼ bunch)
¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves (¼ bunch)
sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
2 tbsp mayonnaise (40 ml)
2 tbsp sour cream (40 ml)
1 tbsp horseradish cream (20 ml)
¼ small iceberg lettuce coarsely sliced
- To make lamb patties, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into six thick patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled char-grill pan over a medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Add patties to same pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- To make horseradish salad, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish together in a bowl. Add lettuce. Season and toss.
- Spread relish over roll bases. Divide bacon, beetroot, patties and horseradish salad among bases. Top with roll lids.