1 kg washed potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
2 ½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1.1 kg butterflied leg of lamb roast with garlic and herbs
cooked frozen peas, to serve
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
2 tbsp caster sugar
¾ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick roasting pan. Season.
- Place lamb in a separate, oiled, non-stick roasting pan. Drizzle over remaining oil.
- Cook potatoes on middle shelf and lamb on lower shelf in a hot oven (200C) for 30 minutes. Lamb will be cooked to medium. Remove lamb only. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Turn over potatoes in pan. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make mint sauce. Stir vinegar, water and sugar in a small saucepan over heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve sliced lamb and potatoes with peas and mint sauce.