375 g rigatoni
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500 g lamb sausages, cut diagonally into 1 cm pieces
680 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
½ cup drained, canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup grated four cheese sauce mix
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add sausages. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. Stir in sauce and capsicum. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta and basil.
- Transfer to a large, ovenproof dish (12-cup capacity). Sprinkle over cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Serve.