4 x 150 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 ½ cups pearl couscous
60 g baby rocket leaves
½ cup torn fresh mint, leaves
4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, then crossways
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
¼ cup seed mix
2 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Cook couscous in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Combine with rocket and mint.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave carrots until almost tender. Drain well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Thickly slice.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until softened. Add carrots and seeds. Stir occasionally for a further 2 minutes. Stir in seasoning.
- Serve couscous topped with vegetables and lamb.