600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
steamed green beans, to serve
1 packet pappadums, to serve
4 tbsp natural yoghurt, to serve
fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed, drained
400 g kent pumpkin, peeled and coarsely grated
2 tbsp korma curry paste
400 g canned chopped tomatoes
270 ml canned light coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve dhal with lamb, beans, To make dhal, place lentils in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add pumpkin and paste to same saucepan. Stir over a low heat until fragrant. Return lentils to pan with tomatoes and milk. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lentils are soft and dhal is thickened. Season.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Thinly slice.
- Serve dhal with lamb, beans, pappadums, yoghurt and coriander.