600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
2 zucchini, cut lengthways into thick strips
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 kg baby potatoes, halved
120 g baby rocket leaves
1 cup semi-dried tomato
⅓ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1 cup finely grated Parmesan
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Season lamb and zucchini with salt and pepper.
- To make pesto, combine half the tomatoes with remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season.
- Boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss through pesto. Cool slightly. Add rocket and remaining tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Add zucchini in two batches to same pan. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Serve lamb and zucchini with potato salad.