250 g packet butternut snap cookies
1 tsp ground cinnamon
75 g unsalted butter, melted
300 ml tub thickened cream
1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
Lemon sugar, to decorate
4 eggs, separated
⅓ cup lemon juice
⅓ cup water
3 tsp powdered gelatine
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅔ cup caster sugar
- Lightly grease a deep, fluted, 23cm round, loose-based flan tin. Line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits and cinnamon in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base and up side of tin. Refrigerate.
- To make filling, combine egg yolks, juice, water, gelatine, rind and half the sugar in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until mixture doubles in volume and is thick and fluffy. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating between each addition until dissolved. Fold into lemon mixture in two batches until combined. Pour over biscuit base. Smooth over top. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until set.
- Beat cream and icing sugar in clean small bowl of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate with lemon sugar.