250 g packet lemon cream-filled sandwich biscuits
½ cup desiccated coconut
100 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
double cream, to serve
1 cup caster sugar
⅔ cup lemon juice
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease a 24cm round loose-base flan tin.
- Process biscuits and coconut in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture over base and up side of prepared tin. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until light golden. Cool.
- To make filling, whisk eggs, sugar and juice in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Don’t allow water to touch the base of bowl.
- Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon for about 20 minutes, or until thickened. Don’t allow filling to boil. Remove bowl from heat. Add butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into biscuit base. Cool slightly. Refrigerate, overnight, or until firm.
- Remove tart from tin. Serve with cream.