cooking oil spray, to grease
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
1 tbsp plain flour
½ cup thickened cream
⅔ cup lemonade
1 jar raspberry jam, to serve
whipped cream, to serve
icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease a 6-hole ¼-cup capacity doughnut tin with cooking oil.
- Sift flours into a large bowl. Make a well in centre, pour in cream and lemonade, then carefully mix with a butter knife until just combined and a wet dough forms.
- Spoon ½ of the mixture into a ziplock bag or piping bag. Snip a 2cm-wide tip, then pipe mixture evenly into tin holes, keeping centre tops clean. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Cool in tin for 2 minutes, then turn out by giving tin a quick tap on kitchen bench.
- Quickly wash and dry tin, re‑grease holes and repeat Step 3 with remaining mixture in same piping bag to make second batch.
- Slice warm scones in half horizontally, then sandwich together with whipped cream. Fill centres with jam and serve dusted with icing sugar.