200 g skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½ cm thin pieces
extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp coriander, minced
2 limes, juiced
1 ½ tbsp avocado oil
salt, to taste
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 white onions, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken pieces into a sealable plastic bag or container with an airtight lid.
- Prepare the marinade by putting all the ingredients in a large bowl, toss and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add the marinade to the chicken pieces and allow to marinate for at least 2–3 hours then remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with about ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Preheat your barbecue grill to medium high, 400°F (200°C).
- Coat the pan with oil and heat on the barbecue.
- Add chicken to pan and cook for 5–6 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prepare salsa, combine the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the avocado at the last minute to keep it from discoloring. Combine gently and serve with (or over) the pan-grilled chicken.