200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 ½ cups caster sugar
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup plain flour
1/4 cup self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup shredded coconut
125 g bag Lindt milk chocolate balls (10 balls)
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and combined sifted flours and cocoa. Stir until combined. Fold in ½ cup of the coconut. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Divide chocolate balls evenly over top of mixture, then press in. Sprinkle with remaining coconut
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 45 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Stand in pan for 30 minutes.
- Lift brownie from pan. Cut into squares. Serve warm with ice-cream.