1 cup macadamia nuts (150g)
250 g unsalted butter, chopped and at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 ½ cups plain flour
¾ cup rice flour
1 ½ cups white chocolate melts (250g)
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl. Add nuts and combined sifted flours. Stir until just combined.
- Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Smooth over top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, score dough into 18 equal fingers.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Gently cut through score marks to the base of pan. Cool in pan.
- Using baking paper as a guide, lift shortbread from pan onto a board. Gently cut through score marks again to separate shortbread ngers.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a small jug.
- One at a time, dip one end of shortbread fingers into chocolate. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Stand at room temperature until set.