- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 525g jars tomato and pesto pasta sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tblsps red wine vinegar
- 2 cups frozen peas, corn
- and carrot
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1kg bag frozen potato gems
- Heat half the oil in a large, flame-proof roasting pan over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic and remaining oil to same hot pan. Reduce heat to medium to high. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Return beef to pan. Add sauce, stock and vinegar. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetables.
- Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange potato gems, in a single layer over top.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 30 minutes, or until gems are crisp. Serve.
We used Heinz Tomato and Pesto Lasagne Bake Sauce, but any type of pasta sauce can be used. Don’t thaw potato gems before using.
For more delicious and easy recipes that the whole family will love, pick up your copy of New Idea Mince 2 at a selected newsagent or supermarket, or buy online for just $9.99.