600 g skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets trimmed, thinly sliced
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp vegetable oil (10 ml)
2 red onions halved and sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp malaysian-style curry powder
750 g vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
8 fresh kaffir lime leaves
1.5 tbsp fish sauce (30 ml)
1 tsp palm sugar syrup
¼ bunch fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
1 ½ cups white basmati rice steamed to serve
- Combine chicken and ginger in a large bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until onions are soft. Add curry powder. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and lime leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until tomatoes are just collapsing.
- Return chicken to wok with fish sauce and palm sugar syrup. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove kaffir leaves. Garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve with steamed rice.