¼ medium butternut pumpkin (400g)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp Thai seasoning, to stir in
⅓ cup Thai yellow curry sauce
400 g coconut milk
½ cup chicken stock
700 g thick firm white fish fillets, bones removed, cut into 5cm pieces
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup fresh Thai basil leaves, plus extra, to garnish
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Peel pumpkin. Cut into 4cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until soft. Add both pastes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk and stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Gently stir in fish.
- Gently simmer for about 7 minutes, or until fish is cooked. Stir in sauce, juice and basil.
- Serve curry with rice. Garnish with extra basil leaves.