600 g lamb rump steak
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
½ cup mango chutney
½ tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
1 tbsp lime juice
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
400 g green beans, trimmed
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Combine rice with seasoning and 2¼ cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in celery and capsicum. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked. Remove.
- Cool pan slightly. Add combined chutney, rind, juice and 2 tbsp water. Return lamb to pan with any resting juices. Simmer for about 2 minutes, or until lamb is cooked to your liking. Remove. Stir in coriander.
- Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender. Drain.
- Serve rice topped with lamb, sauce and beans.