2 x 125 g punnets fresh raspberries
½ cup rose wine
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
3 medium mangoes
17 sponge finger biscuits
300 ml tub thickened cream
¼ cup icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
250 g tub mascarpone
- Grease a large, straight-sided 15cm x 23.5cm x 9cm deep loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Blend raspberries, rosé and sugar in a blender until pureed. Pour 1 cup puree into a shallow dish. Reserve remaining in a jug in the fridge.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Cut cheeks from two of the mangoes. Discard stones. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh from cheeks. Thinly slice.
- To assemble, spread half the mascarpone cream over base of prepared pan. Top with half the mango slices. One at a time, dip eight biscuits into puree in dish for about 10 seconds to soak. Arrange on top of mango slices in a single layer, trimming to fit. Repeat layering with remaining mascarpone cream, mango slices, biscuits and puree. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, cut remaining mango into thin slices. Turn out cake out onto a plate. Decorate with mango. Drizzle with reserved raspberry puree.